Classes, Memberships and Concession Cards
Please read our terms and conditions carefully. By attending any of our classes and events you agree to these terms and conditions.
- Payment is required before the course commences and in case of casual classes, payment is required before the class. There is no refund for a course, concession card or gift certificate or series of classes after the first class unless the course/class is cancelled by Dance Whanganui. Fees remain payable in case of sickness, holidays etc. In case of a serious life event or an injury, credit may be issued at the discretion of Dance Whanganui, however as our costs are fixed, there are strictly no refunds.
- Once you have signed up for a course/class, it is your responsibility to attend all classes you have paid for at the agreed time. You cannot make up for classes missed unless due to illness or injury. If you miss 2 or more consecutive classes of a course due to illness or injury, credit towards other classes may be given atDance Whanganui discretion, upon presentation of a doctor’s certificate. Credit given for classes missed due to illness or injury is valid for the next course or a maximum of 3 months.
- If the classes are cancelled by Dance Whanganui, a credit or a refund for the remaining classes will be offered.
- Concession cards and gift vouchers are valid for a period of 3 months from the date of purchase. These will be extended if the instructor is away due to illness or holiday.
- For private lessons cancellation policy of 24 hours notice applies. If you cancel after that time you will be required to pay for the class in full.
- By participating in classes or courses at Dance Whanganui you are doing so with the understanding that:
- To the best of your knowledge you are in suitable physical health to participate in the course(s)/class(es). It is your responsibility to consult your doctor if you are in doubt.
- We do not accept responsibility for personal injury or illness to any participant attending our classes
- You agree to self-determine your exertion through good judgement and to discontinue any exercise that exceeds your personal limitations
- You agree to notifiy staff of any existing medical conditions that may have an effect on your participation in physical activity, or if you feel unwell during the course(s)/class(es)
- We do not accept any responsibilities for any loss or expense caused due to circumstances beyond our control such as traffic, public transport, weather, fire or any other such situations.
- Physical contact may be necessary when correcting students posture, technique and to help improve flexibility. All partner dance styles require physical contact between students as well as student and instructor.
- Sections of dance classes may be filmed only at the discretion of Dance Whanganui and only for personal use. These are not to be shared, distributed, posted on social media or sold without prior approval from Dance Whanganui
- Photos or videos of parts of the classes of events may be taken by Dance Whanganui instructors. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you give your concent for these photos and videos to be used on our website, Facebook or for advertising purposes. At no point will these materials be used in a compromising situation.
- We may use your personal detials such as email, Facebook profile and on odd occasion your phone number to inform you about upcoming classes and events as well as any cancellations. We do not share contacts details with third parties under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to exclude any participants from our classes and events in case such situations as: disruptive or inappropriate behaviour, intoxication, unpaid fees or breech of the above terms and conditions.
A few pointers to help your visit be more pleasurable for you and for others:
- We welcome women and men to all of our classes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to the class to allow yourself to sign in, get changed, turn your cellphone off etc.
- Please make sure to tick your name off on the list and to make the payment before the class if you have not paid online.
- If you arrive too early for your class, as a courtesy to other students and teachers, please try to keep quite and avoid talking on the phone. If you would like to chat with your freinds, please do so outside the studio.
- We ask that you try a class, not watch it, as watching does not give you a feel of the experience of the activity. We allow for the first 10 minutes of the class to be watched only as it may make other students uncomfortable.
- Personal hygiene is especially important in a dance studio. Please use deodorant and carry a fresh shirt if you are likely to get sweaty. Especially for parner dancing we recommend a mint!
- Please dress appropriately for the class that you are attending. If you are unsure, please check out the course description. For safety, please remove all jewellery with the exemption of small studd earrigns.
- Please do not consume food during the class. Non alcoholic drinks are welcome, these must me in spill proof containers and positioned by the wall of the studio. Any bottles/ containers left befind will be disposed off straight away, so please make sure you take yours with you!
- We are here to help you, feel free to ask any questions you have, we are happy to discuss your thoughts and concerns
Shoes and Merchandise
1. We also reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders that we believe, solely by our own judgement, to have been placed fraudulently.
2. The images of the products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products, and your products may vary slightly from those images.
3. Please read the delivery times carefully for all products. In order to keep the prices low, some of the shoes are shipped direct from the factory.
4. In case you would like to return or echange your item, you are liable for all additional postage. Please be aware that returned items must be in their original, unworn condition with all original packaging/labels attached and be accompanied by your proof of purchase. We cannot accept items in a worn / used condition. Please note that dance shoes require special care and should never be worn for purposes other than dancing. They cannot be warn outside and any surface other than proper dance floor or wooden floor will cause early detorriation. Please note that shoes with crystals must be kept standing without and weight on them to prevent the crystals from falling off early. We will, of course, always meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act. If worn weekly, dance shoes last from 3 to 12 months depending on the frequency of wear and dance style. Please keep that in mind when making your purchase.
5. We do not make refunds or exchanges on ” change your mind” basis.